A little shaving cream fun on another cold morning.
What I learned through international travel with a baby. Turns out? The US is not so family friendly. And yes, you can survive that flight to London.
This post made me cry and I blame pregnancy hormones. Truth is, this holiday season is stressing me out and I don’t even celebrate Christmas. I had a woman sigh loudly and shoot Miles dirty looks at an outdoor train station in the middle of the afternoon because he was running around and talking about how much he loves trains in a loudish voice, I get dirty looks when I take him to lunch despite the fact that he is well behaved and loves being able to people watch while he eats, and there’s been enough general seasonal grumpiness directed towards my son that I just want to yell at people and remind them that he is two and being kinder than they are. Generally, Miles charms everyone he meets so this indiscriminate rudeness and intolerance has taken me a bit by surprise and I find myself looking forward to the New Year when people aren’t so crabby.
I’m continually in awe of the huge developmental leap forward that Miles has made since starting school. He can tell stories and gets less frustrated and acts more like a little boy than a screaming banshee. He gets these concepts that blow my mind—like family, humor, and feelings. On the flip side, he had a 20 minute tantrum last night because there was a box that he wanted to open and I, apparently, did not say that he could open it quickly enough leading him to believe that the joys of the Amazon box were going to be forever denied to him. It did not matter how many times I acknowledged that he was upset and reminded him that he could open it, he was convinced that he was never going to be allowed to touch it. The joys of toddlerhood.
1:40am. That time in the night when I wonder if I’m overreacting or if there is really something to worry about. I need to go to sleep.
I forgot to do something important so I had to wake up super early this morning. Two things I noticed were that I always forget how much I love sunrise over the bay because my hatred of getting out of bed early causes amnesia and, two, even my car reminded me how cold it was this morning. Who knew that below freezing temps warranted an automatic warning?
I am so sick. Congestion, chest feels like it’s on fire, coughing, the works. The sort of sick that makes me want to only eat lipton soup. No nutritional value, lots of salt but I’ll take this over homemade chicken soup when I am sick any day. I’ll give you 3 guesses what my mom made for me growing up when I was sick and the first two don’t count.
On a brighter note, the other night we took Miles out for ice cream. He has a really bad cold and isn’t really eating so I figured the calories would be good for him. I asked for a child size and a small and the sizes turned out to be more along the lines of small and gigantic. Miles was beyond thrilled to end up with two ice creams when I couldn’t finish mine.
This is a whiny post so if you don’t want to hear a bunch of complaints, you should skip it.
1. No more headaches. I am over getting headaches that last for weeks.
2. No more leaves from my hospital job. My OB had me off for two weeks due to headaches/pregnancy complications and now my MD has me off for three weeks for an injured back. At least I get to go back Christmas Eve which is always a fun shift to work.
3. No more pregnancy complications or injured backs.
4. That we make a decision about what to do with our house. I really want to remodel it and have our dream home but it’s looking like it may make more sense to just move which is easier said than done in this market.
5. No more colds. I thought my toddler was supposed to be the one getting sick at preschool but I have caught every single one of his colds.
6. To have a healthy baby and a fairly easy adjustment period for Miles.
7. To take a vacation with just the husband. Probably unrealistic but maybe the year after.
8. To have this next year be easier for everyone. So many bad things happened this year to so many people that I love. Next year has got to be better.
JUST LOOK AT THOSE HAPPY FACES!
Love my Heels.
UNC took down #1 Michigan State last night, and it was glorious.
i’ll even take the embarrassing losses to unranked teams if it means we can keep beating top 5 teams.
This team is hard to figure out but they continue to show that they can be great if they get their consistency issues under control. Regardless, I love watching my Heels and I’m so happy it’s college basketball season.
(via stickyhide)Source: onefinedayinjuly
Miles has had a cold for a week and I am coming down with it. What fun! I keep hearing people talk about drinking apple cider vinegar concoctions to help with colds. Has anyone tried it? Does it actually work? I am trying to look for some natural remedies since what I can take while pregnant is super limited.